In less than two years, the 26 startups hand-selected to enter Open Web Collective (OWC) have come out the other side of the 12-week program to set a Web3 industry benchmark: one OWC company has already achieved unicorn status ($1B USD valuation), while four others are now earning over $100m in annually occurring revenue – or as TechCrunch puts it, are “Centaur Startups.”
Collectively, OWC companies have amassed more than $315M in funding in under 24 months – that’s more than $2 million bucks a day.
Founded by Mimi Idada, Open Web Collective (OWC) is a blockchain and digital assets firm that has taken part in the origin story of 1Inch.io, NYM Tech, Upshot.xyz. As a part of its acceleration process, OWC will be hosting a Demo Day featuring keynote speakers like CoinFund Founder Jake Brukhman and Greenfield One Partner Felix Machart, along with an opportunity to hear the pitches of the 4th cohort of participating startups announced below.
Expect to mingle with hundreds of attendee crypto enthusiasts, Web3 visionaries, and prophets of the metaverse. The October 19 event, will provide an innovation-fueled macroeconomic view of the blockchain and the as-of-yet unmet possibilities for the crypto industry, and could very well provide a glimpse of the next Web3 Centaur or Unicorn.
“We believe the OWC Accelerator is a great opportunity for the development of the BSG product because of OWC’s strong focus on scaling early-stage Web3 projects, and their extensive network of Web3 ecosystem partners, advisors, and investors that facilitate growth. We are confident in OWC’s laser focus on teaching founders top practical skills covering tech, product, legal, marketing, community management, and fundraising,” said Cyril Zilberbord, Co-founder of Black Sheep Gaming, one of this cohort’s participants.
Here’s the list of OWC’s 4th Cohort:
· Company Name: Via Protocol
· What it does: Unifies all cross-chain bridges and other routers.
· Founders: Serafim Korablev, Dan Okhlopkov
· The Pitch: Through its intelligent routing system, Via Protocol’s cross-chain liquidity aggregation solution can automatically scan over 70 DEXs across 25 networks, and 26 of the most popular cross-chain bridges to let users securely swap tokens on the fastest and cheapest routes. Via grants users the ability to seamlessly move tokens between ecosystems – even if there is no direct bridge – by aggregating more routers, bridges, and chains than any other cross-chain router to ensure users can find the most efficient, secure routes, with the most liquidity and cheapest fees, to swap their tokens across chains.
· Company Name: Gridlock
· What it does: Distributed crypto wallets that make blockchain ownership easy and safe.
· Founder: Derek Rodriguez
· The Pitch: Gridlock uses threshold signature cryptography to form a distributed storage network capable of securely storing encryption keys, protecting from both loss and theft. Gridlock does this by splitting your private key into five pieces which are then distributed among friends, or guardians. The main benefit is that no one can sign a transaction without your share of the key and majority approval. All devices not in this network are not allowed entry without your permission, and all pieces of the key are useless alone.
· Company Name: Hashtack Finance
· What it does: Fast, 3rd party-free loans on the blockchain
· Founders: Vinay Kumar
· The Pitch: Hashtack Finance is a zk-native money market protocol allowing anyone, anywhere around the world to borrow up to three times their collateral in BTC, BNB, USDC, USDT, completely permissionless without the need for trusted 3rd parties. Their unique platform provides under-collateralized loans, compartmentalized deposits & loans, transparent dual-liquidation mechanisms to blockchain borrowers worldwide, 24% savings interest on deposits with 3-month commitment periods to lenders, and 4.28x more on your collateral in comparison to Compound, Aave, MakerDao for borrowers.
· Company Name: NFT Price Floor
· What it does: A Coingecko-style data hub and analytics platform for NFT collectors
· Founders: David J. Garcia, Nicolas (Nico) Lallement Tallo, Agustin (Agus) Perez Pala
· The Pitch: NFT Price Floor indexes, curates, and sorts NFT data with a clean and intuitive UI so users can acquire the latest market insights, manage their digital asset portfolio, and make informed decisions about their next investment decision. NFT Price Floor believes that the price floor concept is highly relevant to the non-fungible token space, as revealed by growing initiatives and artistic collaborations that bridge the world of digital collectibles with crypto, art, and DeFi.
· Company Name: TokenChamp
· What it does: An online arcade where your NFTs are the main characters in the games.
· Founders: Scott Balaban, Erik Stein, Sam Fuhrer, Christian Desrosiers
· The Pitch: TokenChamp adds utility to NFTs by awarding cash prizes to players’ digital wallets for their participation in games and tournaments.
· Company Name: Black Sheep Gaming
· What it does: A tech company focused on investments in blockchain games and the metaverse
· Founders: Cyril Zilberbord, Nick Orlovsky
· The Pitch: Black Sheep Gaming’s Web3 platform connects investors, revenue-generating digital assets and asset operators in the metaverse economy. Their guild includes over 500 top gamers who average a monthly salary of $1200, and thanks to high-quality team curation and development BSG’s’ portfolio averages gaming teams a win rate of over 85% – making them the industry’s highest performer in the category.
· Company Name: ExxaVerse
What it does: A cross-chain game built on the Unreal Engine.
Founders: Joshua Margulies, William Schneider
The Pitch: ExxaVerse implements peer-to-peer wagering, AAA-quality graphics, and digital real estate. Their own digital currency, $EXXA, will be used for the in-game NFT marketplace and match entry fees. ExxaVerse players battle each other by selecting one of six gladiator classes, selecting and customizing weapons, and updating player stats including armor, health, strength, critical chance, range, and more to provide a truly immersive and unique gameplay experience.
Featured photo of OWC Founder Mimi Idada
Go to Publisher: StartUp Beat
Author: StartupBeat Team